Welcome to the Third Age Commons! Please explore, join, ask questions and contribute your thoughts and wisdom to this community.
This website is part of our attempt to keep people up to date on the exciting things to do and think about and discuss as we enter the Third Age. However, if you are over 65 and living in the community in Calgary, or concerned about someone you know who is over 65 and living independently, The Way In - Calgary Older Adult Services can also help.
When you call, if your questions and concerns can be addressed over the phone they will be. If you require a face-to-face meeting with a Service Coordinator to figure out what options exist and decide which ones you feel are the best way forward, they will meet with you. At that meeting they will work with you to get forms filled out, plans made, and connections started to put services in place - depending on what is necessary and available to help in your situation, and what you would like to have happen.
Call them at one of the numbers below. Service Coordinators know the services and supports available for older adults in Calgary, and they will work with you to help you connect to them.
- Central Office - Calgary Family Services - 403-705-0593
- South Office - Jewish Family Service Calgary - 403-287-3510
- North/West Office - Calgary Family Services - 403-286-1811
- Northeast Office - Calgary Seniors' Resource Society - 403-266-6200
- For Cantonese and Mandarin speaking service, please call Calgary Chinese Elderly Citizens' Association at 403-269-6122